Saturday, August 13, 2005

New Position/Job -- Week One Complete!

The first week went very well and very quickly. I’ve met TONS of people, and so far everyone is very excited to have me there and very pleasant and agreeable! The first day was a whirlwind of names and faces and going over policies and filling out administrative paperwork. Since then, it’s been nothing but constant familiarization with the company’s proprietary computer systems and more procedural stuff. I have a LOT to learn! Every company seems to like to do things its own quirky ways, so I’ll be settling into my role as I learn all these new programs, etc.

It’s been quite some time since I worked in a city’s “downtown.” Parking is a nightmare for many people. Luckily, my nightmare ended after one day! lol On a tip from someone, I found FREE parking downtown. It’s a mere 10-minute walk from my office, and it’ll save me as much as $200 per month in parking expense. Very cool!

It’s going very well. I have also learned that my position offers significant benefits that were never even “pitched” to me during the recruiting process. That’s VERY nice. My income potential increases then by nearly 25% just with these incentives/commissions/benefits. My base pay is attractive as it is – the additional incentive pay is a bit of crème on top of it all! Sweet!!!

What a change of events… My angels (if you believe in that sort of thing…I certainly do, given the stuff I’ve undergone and come through!) and friends have helped me all along the way. Thanks to all of you!!!!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home