Thursday, September 29, 2005

Home from the Hospital

Well, my optimism of last week was perhaps a bit premature. The antibiotics prescribed by my family physician were not aggressive enough, and it turns out he misdiagnosed me. He was CLOSE, but not quite right.

I've just returned home today from several days in the hospital. Constant poking and prodding, testing, drugs, I.V.s, shots, pills - and not NEARLY enough sleep. There were several things feeding off of each other, but it's been contained and controlled and the doctor (different one[s]) are certain of a recovery as long as I follow up with things.

Lovely. Just what I needed after staring a new job 2 months ago - to be off work, hospitalized, and absent for nearly 3 weeks in toto.

In any event, I'm home now, confined to rest for the next few days and cleared for work beginning next week. I should be back in business, full-swing, by then. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Quentin W. Buetow said...

I'm truly glad that you're okay, bro. I don't mind telling you that we were both quite worried about you.

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Nightfly said...

Thanks for the concern, M.O.M. I'm feeling quite a bit better now and I'm more or less just getting my sleep patterns rearranged. It's hard as HELL to sleep in hospital. "It's 4:15 a.m. Time to get out of bed so we can weigh you!" LOL! My reply: "Can't it wait until fucking 8 a.m.?! Do I have to be weighed at 4:15 a.m.? Let me sleep, dammit." lol

Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home